Scavenging blog history…

I finally managed to import all of my blog history on this blog. Importing from blogs.cocoondev.org’s MT was a piece of cake and went just smooth. Importing from Linotype, OTOH, has been an entirely different matter, but I managed to automate most of it: a shell script plus an XSLT file did most of the job, producing an MT-compatible export, even though I had to fix some stuff by hand.

Unfortunately, after I imported the entries, I noticed that I should have done better with the stylesheet: b2evolution doesn’t quite like namespaces (so much for XHTML support, yuck). The change was trivial, but unfortunately now the system doesn’t let me re-import the updated posts since it assumes that they have been previously imported. The side effect is that unless I go through a painful retyping, stripping out all the namespace declarations by hand, my old Linotype posts will look a bit clunky. But well, content is there anyway, so I’m quite happy.

However, note to self: if I’ll ever manage to come out with my dream Cocoon-based weblog, import and export should be high on the priority list…

Comments

comments