The suitcase is packed, the tickets are printed, the alarm clock is set to a frightening 3.45AM. In a few hours I’ll be off to ApacheCon US. It will be an interesting journey, as I will actually:
- leave tomorrow, 6.40AM, to London Stansted;
- hire a car, drive to Suffolk and have a business meeting on a golf course (my favourite kind!);
- drive back to Stansted, drop my car and my golf clubs, hop on a coach bound to Luton;
- spend a nice evening with Roberto, sleep in Luton and board my Silverjet flight to Newark next morning, then on to Atlanta, landing 7.45PM;
- spend a couple of days at ApacheCon, talking about Open Development and Apache River;
- leave Atlanta on Friday morning, fly to JFK, hop on a MaxJet flight back to Stansted;
- have a business meeting (alas, no golf involved this time) on Saturday morning in London;
- finally, land in Milano on Saturday evening.
Hope to meet a lot of great folks in Atlanta. Unfortunately, I won’t be staying much this time, but I’m looking forward to a nice couple of days hanging around with Apache peeps and having fun. See you there!